Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Webquest Comment 2 - Tom Ramsey

I really liked the topic of this webquest. It is a great combination of Tom’s two endorsements: social studies and science. I think students will really learn a lot from this project and is a great way to raise awareness about the relationship between salmon and humans. I really like how they have to come up with a solution to the issues that they discover. They are really engaged in their own learning by doing this. I also really like the video that Tom included. It is a video based on his personal experience and I think the students will really like that. Tom included everything required in the rubric except for the standards in the teacher page. He had many links for the students, pictures for each task, and clearly described the requirements.

My suggestions for improvement would be to fix some of the grammatical and syntax errors. Students will definitely notice that and, as we have heard, love to point out all of our errors! I would also suggest having the links open in a new window. That is just something that I like to do when I am looking at multiple things online. Besides that, I think this is a great Webquest project and Tom’s students would/will learn a lot from this experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment